Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pregnancy Update

It has been a while since I have updated on our pregnancy. Seems weird since my pregnancy with Mason was so complicated and we were updating everyone frequently. We are in our 32nd week and will be 33 weeks on Monday. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast!

So far, everything has been checking out ok at our appointments. We have had three clean ultrasounds and her hear beat sounds great at every appointment. She has been very, very active and will sometimes make me really uncomfortable with all of the kicking and moving around.

I have been feeling pretty good with the exception of some hip and leg pain. I think my sciatic nerve is being pinched a bit. Some days are much better than others. Sleeping has also become difficult, but that is to be expected this late in pregnancy. I try and nap when Mason naps and it really helps keep me going for the day. I will just enjoy this luxury while it lasts!

We have an appointment coming up on the 13th and I believe they might do another ultrasound to see what kind of position she is in. They also want to check her weight to see where it is. Mason was a pretty good size at 33 weeks, so there is a concern that she might be a pretty good size too. We have decided for the moment that we will attempt a VBAC if I go into labor before my due date. We are also planning on scheduling a c-section around our due date. If I were to go past my date, they can't induce labor because of the prior c-section and I would end up with one anyways, so it makes sense to schedule one for my due date. It is a tough decision because both methods (VBAC and c-section) come with risks to me and the baby. Unfortunately, there is no easy answer.

We have also decided to remove the name voting poll from the blog. Unfortunately we have lost interest in those names. We are having a heck of a time deciding on a name. We want her to have a special name just like Mason has. We have decided to put a small list together and pick an official name after we meet her. There haven't been too many names that have jumped out at us so far, so I am not sure what kind of a list we will have together when she is born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the name poll.