Monday, March 30, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Things are still going pretty well. I am continuing to get more and more uncomfortable during the day and at night. Not getting much sleep these days between the aches and pains and trips to the bathroom.

We had an OB appointment last Friday and my uterus is measuring right on track. Right now we are thinking that this baby will be about average size. We have an ultrasound on the 8th to find out the estimated growth and position. The plan so far is to attempt a VBAC if I go into labor before my scheduled c-section, which is on April 21st. The bummer is that our OB just got called for jury duty on that day, so we are not sure what to expect until the date gets closer. We also have a pre-op appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

We did some shopping this weekend to finish up getting things for the nursery. We have one more thing to pick up and then I think we will be ready for the baby. Did I just say that?? As far as the room goes, we need to repair the closet doors (they come off the track really easily) and touch up the trim and we will be done! I spent the good part of the weekend washing and putting away all of the baby clothes and sheets. Next step will be to organize the rest of the stuff (bottles, pump, etc.).

This week's project is packing our hospital bag. We never had a chance to do this with Mason since I was rushed into the hospital with little warning at 32 weeks. It will be our first time packing so any advice you have is much appreciated!

2 comments:

bobarah said...

Bring lots of socks!! My feet were freezing the whole time. After Callie was born and the doctor was "finishing up" I had to have Scott put on a third pair of socks. It was so weird that my feet would get that cold :) Oh, and bring your computer (I think most hospitals have wifi now) so you can upload all your new pictures to the blog as quickly as possible!

Anonymous said...

I found that I packed more than I needed of some things and not enough of other. As far as baby stuff, I just brought an outfit, socks and a little hat and blanket. He pretty much wore hospital stuff while he was there. As for me, I agree with the post above - lots of socks! Comfy clothes and a robe. I brought my make-up too, I laugh at that now, of course it was never touched. Most importantly - bring your camera!!!
I will try and call you later today!
Carrie